Hydration is extremely important for our overall health and wellbeing.
Dehydration is the number ONE stress to the body. Dehydration creates stress, stress creates dehydration, and more stress and more dehydration. . .
Here are a few facts about WATER:
- We are about 70% water, as is the planet. Blood is 80% water, bones are 40% water, lungs are 90% water
- It is crucial for the hydration of every cell in the body.
We are a community of about 70 trillion cells!
- All movement of nutrients in and waste out of the cells and the body requires water. Other daily body functions require water e.g. breathing, digestion, elimination, urination, sweating, for every chemical reaction, etc.
- Our brain is 85% water. Hydration keeps us alert & focused.
5% dehydration knocks a third of our brain function!
- Correct hydration level helps us to go with the flow on every level.
- Drink the cleanest water you can afford.
- If we don't drink enough water our blood will thicken and it will draw water out of the cells, leaving the cells dehydrated. Over time, this will lead to all sorts of imbalances in the body and eventually, lead to major diseases.
How, when & why?
. Replacement of fluids needs to be consistent and establishing a daily routine is crucial if the body is to recognise and use the water you are giving it.
. The body needs about 4 pints (approx. 2 litres) of water per day to function well. When exercising or under emotional or physical stress, more is needed. Drink up!
. Always drink your water slightly warm, at blood temperature.
. Have 1 pint as you wake up
. 20 to 30min before every meal, have a pint of water. This ensures your bowels are hydrated to aid digestion.
. Don't drink water with your meals as this confuses the body and depletes the spleen energy.
. Have a bottle of water with you all the times.
. If you drink water only when you are thirsty then you are not getting enough water.
. At the end of the day, drink 1 pint of water.
Your Body Many cries for water - Dr FBatmanghelidj The pH miracle - Dr Robert O Young The Secret Life of Water - Masaru Emoto
'A solution to pollution is dilution'
- Ali Holden