This recipe is from Roger and Cristina, my darling friends and chefs based in Ibiza. It is easy to make and very delicious & nutritious.
Makes about 12 burgers
- 2 cups (white) quinoa, cooked (cook 1 cup quinoa in about 2 cups of water)
- ½ large (red) onion
- 1 tbsp (smoked, non spicy) paprika powder
- 3 carrots, crated
- some nori flakes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt, pepper and your favorite herbs or spices
1. Mix the quinoa with the onion. Put half of this mixture in a food processor together
with the paprika powder and mix. Then mix it together with a spoon with the rest of
the quinoa (you do this to get a better sticking dough).
2. Add the carrots, nori, nutritional yeast to the quinoa and mix with a spoon. Now
you can add some salt and pepper to taste and any herbs you like.
3. Now you’re ready to make the burgers! Use a lid to make perfect shaped ones.
Cover the lid with a piece of plastic wrap. Fill up the quinoa mixture. Fold the plastic
wrap around it and take out of the lid. Now you can keep them in the freezer for
perfectly individually sized portions. Or freeze them only for an hour or so to make it
easier to leave them in their perfect shape when you’ll bake them.
4. The burgers can be baked in a pan or oven. We prefer the oven cause then you
won’t need any oil. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place the burgers on a
lined baking tray and put in the middle of the oven. Bake on every side about 10
Carolyne Ji x