Dry Skin Brushing is a natural technique which I love and recommend to all my clients. Apart from exercising, dry skin brushing is one of the top techniques to stimulate the lymphatic system. It is very simple, easy to introduce to your daily routine and it is cheap.
Your lymphatic system is extremely important to help your body get rid of toxins and waste and it is also crucial for the performance of your immune system. The lymph nodes are the rubbish collectors along the lymphatic system. They filter any viruses, bacterias, cancer cells and any unwanted substances and make sure these are eliminated from the body.
The skin is the largest organ to detoxify the body. Dry skin brushing open the pores and exfoliates the skin, allowing toxins to be expelled from the skin pores.
There are many benefits to dry skin brushing:
- It increases the circulation to the skin breaking down unwanted toxins
- It reduces the appearance of cellulite
- It helps shed dead skin cells and encourages cell renewal
- It assists in improving vascular blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Improves the immune system
- Improves digestion
- Promotes relaxation
- It increases vitality
How to do it?
You need to buy a natural bristle brush.
- Dry skin brush before bathing or showering
- Brush your skin firmly with longer, smoother strokes.
- Always begin at the ankles with upwards movements towards the heart - the lymphatic fluid flows through the body towards the heart, so it's important that you brush in the same direction. Your neck is the only exception to the preceding rule; brush from the neck down to your axile.
- After you've finished with the ankles, move up to the lower legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms. Be cautious of softer and sensitive skin around the chest and breasts, and never brush over inflamed skin or sores
- Ensure you shower to wash away the dead skin cells and impurities.
- If you’re feeling brave… alternate temperatures in the shower from hot to cold to further invigorate the skin and stimulate blood circulation.
I recommend you to do it 3 times a week for maintenance. For best results, do it twice a day, every day.
Have fun with your Dry Skin Brushing.